1979 Pontiac Trans Am
1979 Trans Am Y84 Bandit 4-Speed WS6 Special Edition Restored 60k miles
1979 TA Y84 WS6 Black and Gold, Smokey and the Bandit - 60k Original miles - Frame Off Restored!
This is the one you have been waiting for. This is the very last of the Pontiac Powered 4spd Muscle Cars. When you think of Pontiac, you instantly think BIG Cubic Inch Torque and if you know the History of these legendary Engines, you know that 1979 marked the last year Pontiac produced a BIG 400 Cubic Inch powered Trans AM.
This also was the first year for 4 wheel disc brakes and the first year for a Trans AM to a MSPR exceeding $10,000. There are so many unique qualities in this amazing car that it is no wonder they have become one of the most sought after Models available in this rapidly growing collector segment.
RAMC was contracted by a GM executive to locate and restore a rare low production 1979 Trans AM and this is that very car. A low mile clean car was procured and the extensive restoration was begun. This was a tenuous restoration that literally consumed 2700 man hours. Many NOS parts were used throughout and when originals were not available, only the best aftermarket and GM-OER substitutes were used. There isn't likely a finer example of this hard to find collectible on the planet.
The restoration was completed in time for the 2014 Bandit Run and this very car was driven on that run. Since then it has enjoyed a pampered life on the East Coast in a climate controlled environment. It has taken a few trophies home on the rare occasions it has been shown.
This outstanding vehicle is now available for purchase and will surely be the crown jewel in any Pontiac or Muscle Car collection. Don't miss this opportunity to own a legend without the usual 1 to 2 year wait while you have a car restored. This one is ready now and can be yours.
• 1979 Trans AM Y84 Special Edition
• Factory WS6 and W72 optioned – Considered the Holy Grail of 1979 TA's
• Very Low production of only 1,107 produced with the Special Edition package and the Pontiac 400-4spd
• Lower production than the 400-4spd 10th Anniversary – 1,817 made
• Last year for the Pontiac BIG Cubic Inch 400 V8
• First Year for the WS6 – 4 wheel Disc Brake option
• Low documented miles – 60K – Title showing actual miles
• GM Executive Owned
• Painstaking Rotisserie Restoration
• Amazing Show quality RAMC Paint – Spies Hecker Base Clear (Industries Best)
• Nut and Bolt Restoration
• Engine, Transmission, Clutch, Brakes, you name it, restored and rebuilt to new specs
• PHS – Pontiac Historical Society Documented Car
• Fully Loaded model with Ice Cold AC
This is not just a polished up original car or an older restoration. It is a no-cost spared total restoration recently completed. I believe it is safe to say there is not another restoration of a Low Production, Low Mile, Special Edition of this caliber available in the World.
Make sure you do not pass up this outstanding car.
View the car on our website here: http://www.restoreamusclecar.com/vehicles/view_details?fdid=1624081
View picture here: https://www.flickr.com//photos/restoreamusclecar/sets/72157631020715002/show/
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Trans Am
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Buckets With Console
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
- Engine Size
- Transmission Type